How to Play Music Through Mic in Game: 3 Best Methods
It’s no secret that many gamers like to listen to music while playing. In fact, some games are even designed with music in mind. But what if you want to listen to your own music while playing?
Can you do that?
Yes, you can! In this article, we’ll show you how to play music through mic in game. We’ll also give you a few tips on how to get the best results.
Let’s deep dive into it!
How to Play Music Through Your Mic in Game on Window 10
In order to play music through your mic in game, you’ll need to first connect your mic to your computer. Then, open up your game and go to the settings menu. From there, you should be able to adjust your mic settings so that it’s able to pick up audio from your computer. Once you’ve done that, simply start playing your favorite tunes and they should come through loud and clear!
If you want to play music through your mic in-game, you’ll need to use a separate program to do so. You can’t simply use the audio recorder in Windows 10; you’ll need an app that will allow you to select an audio input device. Once you’ve selected your input device, you can choose what to do with the recording.
There are a few things you’ll need before you start:
- A computer with Windows 10
- A microphone
- A music player
- A program that can record your microphone input (see below for recommendations)
Once you have everything set up, follow these steps:
- Open the program you’re using to record your microphone input and select your microphone as the input device. If you’re not sure how to do this, consult the program’s documentation.
- Start playing music through your chosen music player. Ensure that the volume is high enough that your microphone will pick up the audio.
- Begin recording in the program you’re using. The music should now be audible in the recording.
- When you’re finished recording, stop the recording and save the file. You can now share it with others or use it however you see fit!
Setting up Your Microphone
In order to play music through your microphone in-game, you first need to make sure that your microphone is set up correctly. To do this, open the control panel and go to “Sound.” Under the “Recording” tab, find your microphone in the list of recording devices and make sure it is enabled. You may also need to set it as the default recording device.
Once your microphone is enabled and set as the default recording device, you can test it by opening a sound recorder program (such as Windows Voice Recorder) and speaking into the microphone.
If you can hear your own voice through the recording, then your microphone is set up correctly. If you cannot hear your own voice through the recording, try adjusting the volume level of your microphone in the sound recorder program.
You can also try increasing the volume level in the “Sound” control panel. If you still cannot hear your own voice, make sure that the volume level slider for your microphone is not muted and that it is turned up enough to be heard.
Adjusting your Microphone Settings
- The first thing you need to do is open your control panel and then go to “Sound.”
- Next, click on the “Recording” tab and then double-click on your microphone to open its properties.
- In the properties window, go to the “Advanced” tab and then check the box next to “Exclusive Mode.” This will ensure that only your microphone is picking up sound and not any other noise in the room.
- Now, go to the “Levels” tab and make sure that your microphone is turned up all the way. You can also use the boost feature to increase the volume even further if needed.
- Finally, click on “Apply” and then “OK” to save your changes.
Testing your Microphone
To test your microphone, you’ll need to download a recording program. We recommend Audacity, which is free and easy to use.
Once you’ve downloaded and installed Audacity, open the program and click on the microphone icon in the top-left corner.
This will open up a new window.
- Click on the drop-down menu next to “Source” and select your microphone.
- Once you’ve done that, click on the “Record” button in the top-left corner. You should see a waveform appear on the screen as you speak. If you can see this, then your microphone is working!
Playing Music Through your Microphone
To play music through your microphone in game, you need to have a few things set up first.
- Make sure your microphone is plugged in and turned on.
- Open up the audio settings in your game. This is usually done by going into the options or settings menu.
- Find the option for “microphone” or “voice” input and make sure it is turned on.
- Once you’ve done that, open up your music player of choice and start playing the song you want to play through your microphone.
- Adjust the volume of your music player so that it is loud enough to be heard through your microphone, but not so loud that it will distort or be disruptive to other players in the game. And that’s all there is to it! Playing music through your microphone in game is a great way to add some extra immersion and fun to your gaming experience.
How to Play Music Through Your Mic in Game Using an App
Utilizing programs like Clownfish, MorphVox, and Rust soundboard is the most common technique to play music through the microphone in video games. Some of the top and most popular soundboard apps among gamers are these ones.
The procedures listed here can be used to play music through soundboard apps, but certain soundboard apps include more detailed instructions.
- Install a soundboard application on your PC.
- Connect your microphone to the app and make it the default microphone.
- Access “Control Panel” and go to “Sound.”
- Select the “Recording” option, then turn on “Stereo mix.”
- Add sound effects using the soundboard application you installed.
- You can play music through the microphone while playing a game by using the hotkeys of the soundboard application.
Play Music Through Your Mic in Game Using MorphVox
One of the apps on the list above with detailed instructions is this one.
To use MorphVox to play music through your microphone, follow the steps below:
- Join your microphone to the morphvox app.
- On the dashboard, select the audio option and look for the hidden connections after making sure the microphone is attached.
- Select the microphone option, then connect it by clicking.
- Modify the input device and related output devices’ configurations.
- Choose the microphone in the output audio.
- Additionally, you can consult the handbook to ensure appropriate setup.
How to Play Music Through Your Mic in Game Using Xbox
The steps listed below might be used if you frequently play games on your Xbox and want to share music or sound effects with your group:
- Access the Control Panel and select the Sound tab.
- Turn on “Stereo Mix” in the “Recordings” tab.
- Open the Xbox app, select “Settings,” and then press your profile picture. Tap “Volume & audio output”
- Make sure the appropriate output is chosen.
- Turn on some music.
How to Play Music Through Your Mic in Game Using PS4
Similar to Xbox, PS4 enables you to play games while listening to background music from apps like Spotify. By adjusting the Xbox settings, you can stream music through your microphone:
- Access the Xbox’s settings. “Sharing and Broadcasts” can be tapped.
- Select “Audio Sharing Settings.”
- Ensure that a checkbox is placed next to each of the three choices. It’s vital to remember that if you’re streaming your game on a PS4, you won’t be able to listen to music.
How to Play Music Through Your Mic Using a Soundboard and Virtual Audio Cable
Utilizing a virtual audio wire and soundboard is another method for playing music through a microphone in video games:
- Download and set up the drivers for the virtual audio wire. To ensure proper operation, make sure this is done correctly.
- Download and set up the most recent variations of the soundboard and virtual audio cable.
- Open the Control Panel, select Sound, and then click the Recording tab.
- Turn on the virtual audio cable output’s recording device option.
- Visit the DC and SB, then use the directions to find the settings page.
- Locate the primary speakers and select them, then choose the mic as the output type.
Tips for Playing Music Through Your Microphone
There are a few different ways that you can play music through your microphone in game. Below are some tips on how to set up and use your microphone to play music.
- Connect your microphone to your computer. Most microphones will plug into the back of your computer using a standard 3.5mm audio jack. If you’re using a USB microphone, you’ll need to plug it into one of your computer’s USB ports.
- Open the settings menu in your game and navigate to the audio or sound settings. Here, you should see an option to select your microphone as the input device. Selecting your microphone as the input device will allow the game to pickup sound from your mic.
- Start playing music on your computer or another device. Make sure that the volume is turned up so that the game can pickup the sound from your microphone.
- Adjust the volume levels in both your game and in Windows so that they’re balanced. You may need to experiment with different settings to get the best sound quality.
- Playing music through your microphone in game can be a great way to set the mood or get pumped up for battle.
With a little bit of trial and error, you should be able to get things sounding just the way you want them.
If you are having trouble playing music through your mic in game, there are a few things you can try:
- Check to make sure that your mic is properly plugged in to your computer. If it is, try unplugging it and then replugging it in.
- Open up the sound settings on your computer and make sure that the correct input device is selected for your mic.
- If you are still having trouble, try restarting your computer.
This will usually fix any sound issues you may be having.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I play Spotify through my mic?
How to play music and talk at the same time in Discord?
How to play sound through the mic?
How to play music through a mic in a game?
By switching the default microphone option to your system sounds, you can play music over the microphone as you play a game.
Try enabling the Stereo Mix option and setting it as the default mic by navigating to Control Panel>Hardware & Sound>Manage Audio Devices>Recording.
It’s not particularly difficult for gamers to play music over the microphone. Even if the steps are simple, there are still a few different methods you can do the task.
But this article will assist you and demonstrate how to play music using your microphone. You will achieve the best outcomes if you correctly follow the instructions.
We hope you found this guide helpful! Be sure to experiment with different settings to find what works best for you. If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to reach out to us.